PETALUMA, California., October 7, 2021 / PRNewswire / – Expedia Cruises – Wine Club Cruises has partnered with Ama Waterways to deliver the ultimate cruise through the wine regions of France in 2023. Hosted aboard the award-winning AmaWaterways river cruise ships, the four-week cruise includes a full set of wine activities: twelve exclusive wine pairing dinners, twelve wine seminars, four onboard wine receptions and 20 wine-themed shore excursions, all led by world-renowned wine educators.
“This is a unique opportunity to discover the wine regions of France aboard real luxury river cruise ships, ”says Brian murphy, owner of Expedia Cruises – Wine Club Cruises. “The cruise begins in Bordeaux discovery of the châteaux of the right bank and the left bank, followed by a week on the Seine around the wines of Champagne and Loire. And from there the magical journey continues to Lyonnais with a visit to Dijon and Chalon-sur-Saône to explore Burgundy and ends with a week on the famous Rhône. It’s an amazing collection of wine events and wine regions. ”
Among the experts who will lead the tastings on the cruise:
- Ray isle, the Executive Wine Editor of Food & Wine and the Editor of Wine & Spirits for Travel + Leisure and Departures;
- James tidwell, MS, consultant at the Four Seasons Hotel and Resorts in Las Colinas, TX, co-owner and founder of the TEXSOM conference;
- Scott harper, MS, Managing Partner of the Bristol Grille group, Executive Bourbon Steward and winner of the Banfi Award from the Society of Wine Educators;
- Sara schneider, publisher and writer specializing in wine, food and lifestyle in general, who is the wine and spirits consulting editor of Robb Report.
- The group is led by Paul Wagner, author and educator, McPherson Distinguished Teacher at Napa Valley College VWT program.
“They are world-class wine experts,” says Murphy. “And we look forward to welcoming some of the best local producers on board as we cruise their home waters. With their help, we will enjoy the diversity and rich history of each region, including Eslandade de Quinconces at Bordeaux, the Normandy beaches of the Seine, the tiered slopes of the Grand Cru Bourgogne, and the Roman aqueducts and amphitheatres of the Rhône.
For prices, day-to-day itinerary and additional information, please visit: https://winecruisegroup.com/2023-grand-france-wine-cruise/
About Expedia Cruises – Wine Club Cruises: We are a travel agency specializing in unique wine cruises designed for a limited number of guests, allowing each of our passengers to better interact and dine with our exclusive wine personalities. We have the wine lover at heart because we bring together multiple producers and leading wine educators who enlighten us as we discover exceptional and rare wines. Our clients explore both favorite and exotic destinations in the company of fellow enthusiasts from around the world. With limited availability, our programs sell out well in advance.
Contact: Brian murphy/ James Murphy
Expedia Cruises – Wine Club Cruises
[email protected] [email protected]